Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oh Yeah...

Last week I posted a drawing I did of the awesome and tragically hilarious moment when a young fan attempted to pass a rose to actress Megan Fox while she was in London for the premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
Since that time, Ms. Fox publicly apologized to the kid, saying that, in the confusion of being rushed through the crowd and all of the camera flashes, she had no idea what was going on, or just how young the kid was, and stated that, should she see him again, she would happily accept a rose from him.
Kodak offered a $5,000 reward to anyone who could identify the kid for the purposes of staging a perfect photo opportunity.
As can bee seen in this Topless Robot post, the kid has been located and was flown - by Kodak - to the US to get his chance to hand Ms. Fox a rose.
So the awesomeness just keeeps ramping up on this.
Also found via Topless Robot, this video is no longer accurate, but is still pretty funny:




Also, it's worth noting that yellow roses generally indicate friendship, not romance, so I guess the fact that he's 11 doesn't present any sort of dificulty, as it wasn't necessarily a romantic gesture. Even so, if I were that kid, I would have been sure to step up my game and go with red. Not sure I'd go with more than one, though; the single red rose is a nice touch, I think.
Anyway, good for you, salmon-colored shirt kid!

No comments: