Saturday, May 09, 2009

Son Of A ----

Went to see the new Star Trek movie with Scott and several other people today - in IMAX - and I have to say Karl Urban as Bones FTW. He was beyond awesome.
I may have more to say on the subject later, but in the meantime there's something else that has to be mentioned.
I'd driven to Scott and Stacy's house to ride over to the theater with them, then afterwards, finally, we were going to watch the Riff Trax of Twilight, a movie that I've come to believe is cursed.
Stacy had left to bring the babysitter home and pick up dinner, while Scott and I sat down to wach some recorded TV until she got back. While I was sitting there I got a call on my cell, which was puzzling in and of itself, but became moreso when I saw that it was a call from Stacy.
She said that she'd seen a cop parked behind my car writing something, and that she'd come back to the house to give me a ride over to it so that I could see what the problem was. I couldn't imagine what the problem could be; I was parked legally, my registration is up to date, etc. Stacy said, "Well, you are parked on the curb."
That didn't sound right.
Once we got over there, I saw that I was, in fact, parked on the curb, but of greater significance was the fact that the front driver side of my car was totally smashed in, a fact Stacy hadn't noticed.
So, yeah. Some drunk driver - whom the police officer informed me had been caught and arrested for a DUI and a hit and run - had smashed into my car.
(So forcefully that it was pushed up onto the curb, by the way; I hadn't parked like that.)
Fucking perfect.
Scott was kind enough to lend me his car in the interim until I get the whole mess straightened out. The tow truck driver seemed to think that, given the car's age, it's likely to get totalled.
Granted, I was planning to buy a new car sometime soon, but I didn't want to have to do it like this.
*Sigh*
Oh, and we did finally get to watch Twilight. It was awful. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen, and I've seen movies with Jessica Alba in them. Honest to god, Jessica Alba.

2 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

I told you that movie was terrible. I still dont understand you can have horny teachers in the same room for a long time and have no stinking chemistry. Really come on.

Merlin T Wizard said...

I puzzled over Stacy's comment for a while until I figured out that she meant to say "teenagers" instead of "teachers". If that's not what she meant, then we need to talk about these horny teachers. That sounds like a serious issue.