Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hammering Out The Details

Yesterday when I was at work my Realtor, David, called to ask me to meet him for lunch today so that he could pick my brain about things like blogging and social networking.
He’s looking to “re-brand” his business and wants to make use of some of the advantages that the Web has to offer in that regard.
So I agreed to meet him at the Panera Bread near the comic shop, since I had to go there anyway, and because they have free WiFi, which would give me the option to bring along my laptop and show him a few things online.
Beyond just wanting to get my input, though, he asked me if I would like to be “part of the team” and do some consulting and even take on the blogging responsibilities.
We still have to hammer out some of the details. By which I mean I’m going to wail on his kneecaps with a hammer until he agrees to pay me what I want.
I kid, I kid. (Hides hammer behind his back.)
Oh, and for those of you who were wondering, David’s brother-in-law loved the Heroic Portrait I did.
Beyond that, not too much of interest has happened since my last proper post.
I did discover yesterday morning that I’ve developed a new super-power: making a candy bar totally disappear without actually eating it.
I’d gone to the machine in the break room, put my money in, made my selection, then reached in to grab my candy bar.
As I was picking it up, my fingers did their whole “Screw this” thing, and decided that they didn’t feel like holding onto it. Though there was only like an inch between my hand and the bottom of the dispensing area of the machine, apparently I somehow created a wormhole into which the candy bar fell, transporting it completely away from this plane of existence.
Seriously, the thing was just gone. I dug around, even pulling up the foam lining to find out if it had somehow fallen under it. Nope. Just gone.
I can’t help but wonder if there’s some way to apply this phenomenon to interstellar space travel, but I suspect that its application is limited to making me shell out another dollar to buy a replacement candy bar.

2 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Congrats on the side job opportunity. I hope it pans out.

As for the candy-bar power, I wonder if there is a place where those candy bars go? Maybe that other plane of existence is the candy bar mecca? Perhaps you sent it to a better place. In time, after you have liberated enough candy bars, they will erect a statue in your honor, one of you stooped over with your hand reaching down as if searching for an elusive snack...

Jon Maki said...

First of all, you said "erect."
Secondly, I'm sure that wherever the candy bar went is bound to be a better place than where I had intended for it to go.