Monday, November 24, 2008

Hit And Run Post

Just a few random thoughts...

After getting 8 hours of sleep Saturday night, plus a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon, and 9 hours of sleep last night, I have no business being tired today. And yet...

***

Yesterday I thought about drawing a picture of Rachael Leigh Cook, so I sifted through the pictures of her that I have in search of a suitable one to work with. One picture I found was from some magazine interview in which she was quoted as saying, "I'm not small; I'm space-efficient." After reading that, I said, "No, what you are is adorable. In fact, I want to adore your brains out."

***

I did actually start on a picture of RLC, but rather than going the traditional fully-painted portrait route I decided to go for a totally freehand pencil and ink sketch. As I told Scott today, after working on it for a while, I titled the (unfinished) picture "How to Totally Jack Up Your Wrist."
I explained that I meant that all of the hatching and cross-hatching involved in the sketch was painful, not that I was doing something unsavory. Scott responded, "Is that what we're calling it now? Have you been furiously 'hatching and cross-hatching' a lot lately? Don't answer that."
He made himself - and me - lol.

***

While walking behind someone today at work, I was listening to the sound of my keys, change, and pocket knife loudly rattling around in my pocket, and I thought, "Worst. Ninja. Ever."

***

To all of the school-age children of Loudoun County: getting off the damn bus should not take that long. If it takes you more than one minute, you should probably be riding on a shorter bus.

***

Some additions to the "is not equal to" list:

defiantly != definitely (and note that it is "definite" and "definitely," not "definate" and "definately")
and similarly...
infinate != infinite
seperate != separate
and finally...
tomarrow != tomorrow

***

Okay, that's it. I'll defiantly definately prolly probably post something more substantial tomarrow tomorrow.

No comments: