Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Lousy Tourist Strikes Again Or Don't Let The Picture Fool You; I Am Still Available

As promised, here are some pictures from the National Book Festival. Just like always, I was a lousy tourist and didn't take many pictures, and the pictures I did take, well, see for yourself:


Here's Neil doing a reading from The Graveyard Book. I was pretty far away and could barely see him. All things considered, I think my camera's zoom worked pretty well and it's a better picture than I expected it to be.



This is just to show that, yes, I was in Washington DC. This was the view to our left as we stood in line. As far as the picture goes, I think it's a fairly decent composition for me.



A view of the lines for the signings.


Because we got a good spot in line, we didn't have to rely on Stacy's pregnancy to move us up closer, so her pregnancy-enhancing horizontal stripes were unnecessary. I meant to frame this so that you could see where we were in relation to the front of the line, but clearly I failed in that respect.


Of the pictures Scott took while I was getting my book signed, this was the one in which I looked the least dorky. Yes ladies, I know it's hard to believe when you see me in this picture, but I really am single!


And here's the headstone and signature.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I've got.
I may be back later, but then again, maybe not. It's been a pretty typical Sunday so far, and I am, of course, in the midst of doing laundry.

No comments: