Wednesday, September 24, 2008

(In Worst Jerry Seinfeld Imitation Ever Heard) What's The Deal With Wednesdays?

I don’t get Wednesdays.
On Monday and Tuesday when I drive to work the amount of traffic is pretty much equal, but come Wednesday, bam! Twice as much traffic.
Then on Thursday traffic is typically back down to Monday and Tuesday levels.
On Fridays there’s usually less traffic than Monday or Tuesday.
So what’s with the Wednesday spike? Do people who slept in on Monday and Tuesday just wake up and suddenly think, “Oh shit; I have a job that I’m supposed to go to!” or something?
So yeah, Wednesdays. I don’t get them.
Beyond the typical increase in traffic, not much of anything happened on this particular Wednesday. I worked, stopped at the comic shop – it was a good week; Fables, Jack of Fables, and the latest issue of the Ambush Bug mini-series – and then came home. No Riff Trax night tonight as Scott had other plans, so we rescheduled for tomorrow night.
On Monday they were supposed to tear up my street in preparation for repaving it on Tuesday. Instead they didn’t do anything and tore it up on Tuesday. This morning as I was in my car getting ready to leave for work, some guy in a truck pulled up alongside me and rolled down his window. He said they’ll be paving tomorrow and they want to start at 7:30 instead of 8, and wanted me to “spread the word” as a supplement to the signs that will be put up.
What am I, an evangelist? If people can’t read the signs, that’s not my problem. I’m not going door-to-door to tell people.
I have a better idea; how about you do your work when you say you’re going to?
Okay, I’ll admit, I’m a little cranky today. More than usual, at least, though I’m not really sure why.
Guess I’m just tired.
Lately as I lie in bed drifting off to sleep I find myself inexplicably thinking about quantum computers. No idea what’s up with that.
Once I get to sleep I have weird dreams that I can’t remember anything about beyond the fact that they’re weird and that science is somehow involved, and when I wake from them I feel edgy and anxious.
So that’s what’s been going on with me.
I don’t really have much else that I feel like writing about, so I’ll leave you with a link to a video of a cat protecting boobs.
(I’m sure there’s some kind of joke to be made about using your pussy to protect your boobs, but I don’t feel up to the task of constructing it.)

4 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

SCIENCE!

Sorry, don't really have anything constructive to say. I just have the urge to shout out the word "science" Thomas-Dolby style whenever I see or hear it used in an offhand manner. I think it's a condition.

Jon Maki said...

You should have gone the Professor Impossible route: Sssssscccciiiieeennnnccccce...?

Merlin T Wizard said...

That is a good one, but I don't have time to waste typing so many characters. Now where did I put my speed suit?

lbugsh2 said...

The most traffic is on Wednesday due to the fact that it is the least travel day. It is also the least shopped day. IE more losers are all going to work then to home as opposed to doing other things. Sorry many it is just a sucky traffic day.