Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Too Damn Tired

Yesterday I was going to post an entry about how I was too damn tired to post a proper entry, but as it turns out I was too damn tired to even do that.
After struggling to stay awake while watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on my DVR, I said “To hell with it” and took a nap.
That just made things worse, and I ended up going to bed at 9:30. I fell asleep almost immediately, slept straight through to 5 AM, got up and went to the bathroom, then got back in bed and slept for two more hours, and was still exhausted.
I developed slightly more energy throughout the day, but not much.
I ended up leaving work late thanks to a call that I had at 4, so traffic was truly awful, and I decided to forego stopping at the comic shop as I just wanted to be home.
Fortunately I have a four day weekend ahead of me during which I can hopefully get some rest, as I’m taking Friday and Monday off.
Besides just needing a break, I need some weekday time to get things done, like getting an oil change and my state inspection. Maybe I’ll even do some proper grocery shopping while the store is relatively empty instead of the get in get out guerrilla shopping I’ve been doing during the busiest hours.
Exciting stuff, I know.
In any case, there are a couple of things I need to do before getting in some TV watching, so I guess that will do it for this entry.

No comments: