Friday, July 25, 2008

To Dream The Possible Dream

Last night I tossed and turned for a couple of hours before I finally got to sleep, then I was treated to an incredibly vivid dream in which I had a heart attack.
So that was fun.
On the other hand, at least I’m not wasting my sleeping hours dreaming about airy impossibilities and things that will never happen…
In any case, it all made for a very tired Jon this morning, which made the day seem interminable, even with the summer hours that allow me to leave an hour early.
Still, by the time 3:00 finally rolled around I was out the door, and was home by about 3:30.
By 4:00 I was taking a nap.
Never let it be said that I don’t know how to make the most of my weekends.
In the time between arriving at home and climbing into bed, I thought about mowing the lawn, but then I thought about not mowing it, and that seemed easier.
Of course, while I was napping I had a dream about mowing the lawn. I also had a dream that involved an evil talking dog that was trying to bite my hand off. I asked the dog what it wanted, and, as its eyes glowed red, it responded, with a gravelly, dog-like voice, “We want you to burn, baby!”
Again, at least I’m not wasting my sleeping hours dreaming about airy impossibilities and things that will never happen…
After getting back up I ventured out into the world to get something to eat, then came home and watched a movie (Semi-Pro. Meh. Will Ferrell really needs to let go of the 1970s.).
And now, like a true party animal, I’m writing a blog entry. The weekend! Yeah! Whoo!

No comments: