Saturday, May 03, 2008


Despite getting to bed late last night and making the mistake of having a Coke at the movie (the caffeine kicked in just as I closed my eyes to fall asleep), I was up shortly after 8 this morning, and, feeling ambitious, got showered and dressed shortly thereafter.
I decided to head to Lowe’s to see if they had the leaf blower in stock. They did, so I grabbed one, and then decided to take a look at the TV stands.
A while back I found one there that I liked, which consists of multiple separately-purchased components. When I found it the time before, one of the components was not in stock, but given that I’d had more luck with the leaf blower this time, I thought that maybe I’d have some luck on that front as well.
Once again one of the components – probably the same one – was not in stock.
However, I noticed that they did have that exact same component in black, as opposed to the stainless steel used in the display model, and that there was no reason that I couldn’t just go with the black rather than the stainless steel, so that’s what I ended up doing.
From there I went to Wal-Mart, where, after having breakfast at the in-store McDonald’s, I wandered around aimlessly without buying anything, and then headed to the barbershop for a haircut, and to Shoppers to pick up some groceries.
I came home, tried out the leaf blower, and assembled my new TV stand.
I plan on putting the old TV stand up in one of the guest bedrooms, and given that Scott is coming over later, I was wise enough to realize that I should wait until he gets here to try hauling it up the stairs, as it is kind of heavy and unwieldy.
However, I did decide to move it out of the way and closer to the stairs, figuring that this was a short and straightforward enough path to take with it.
Of course, I totally forgot about the case of bottled water that I’d set down on the floor earlier, and as I moved to set the TV stand down, my leg pressed up against the case and sunk into it and the end result of this was Jon fall down go boom.
I sighed and decided to stay where I was for a little while before getting up and assessing the damage.
Nothing appeared broken, and it seemed that the worst of it was an abrasion on my leg where it rubbed up against the edge of the TV stand as I fell.
I would say that the worst part was the wound to my pride, but honestly it’s not as though I have any of that left to injure.

No comments: