Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Recruit This, Putz!

So a bit ago my left hip started vibrating and I realized that someone was calling me on my cell phone.
I answer, and have the following conversation:

"Hi, is this Jon?"
"Yes."
"Hi Jon, my name is Rajit. I'm calling because your contact information was passed along to me as someone who might be seeking out employment opportunities. Is this a good time to talk?"
"No. I'm not seeking out employment opportunities."
"You don't even want to keep your options open?"
"I'm happy where I am and have no interest in seeking out any other opportunities at this time."
"Oh, well most people like to keep their options open...but I guess they're not as lucky as you."
"I guess not."

He then went on to ask if I knew anyone who would be "interested in a six-figure management position," or was looking for part-time work.

"No."
"No? You don't know anyone?"
"No."
"Okay, thanks for your - "
Click.

Yes, because I want to refer my friends to some passive-aggressive jackass who uses lame attempts at reverse psychology to cajole people into seeking out his services.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

No you don't.