Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Hard Out There For A Geek

Arthur C. Clarke has died at the age of 90.
There's been a rash of Geek Icon deaths in the past month or so; I hope it stops soon.
As Dave Campbell pointed out after the death of Dave Stevens, it's been a bad month for geeks.
First Steve Gerber, then D&D creator Gary Gygax - not being into D&D, this one didn't affect me personally, but being a geek I can't help but sympathize - the aforementioned Dave Stevens, and now Arthur C. Clarke.
I've greatly enjoyed all of the works of Clarke that I've read, and he will be missed, though I have to say that, while even at 90 it's still too soon, unlike the others who were taken far, far too soon, Clarke did have a good long run.
As for what's been up in my life today, don't ask. Work stuff - that strictly speaking isn't even my work stuff - spilling over into my off the clock time = annoyance.
On a positive front, I had an eye appointment and things are going swimmingly. So much so that I don't have to go back for two months.
There was more I was going to write, but it's going to have to wait because I don't feel like writing it now.

No comments: