Friday, July 14, 2006

Not Quite Certifiable...Errr, I Mean "Certified"

So I went in to the exam expecting to fail miserably.
I figured I'd bomb the first, mandatory part of the test, then just check out the second part, then call it a very early day.
But then I passed the first part, which made me scratch my head and say, "Huh?"
That got my hopes up for the second part. You have to get 100% on the first part, otherwise you automatically fail, but you only have to get 70% on the second.
So I figured, "I can do that."
I should have kept my hopes down. I totally bombed the second part and did not pass.
Oh well.
Still, now that I know what it's like, and what I need to work on, I might actually take it again.
We'll see.
Of course, last night I decided to put my fancy new learnin' to use and reinstall Red Hat on Munin to see if that would address my mouse problem.
Installation went off without a hitch...unless you count the fact that I installed it onto the Windows partition.
(For those of you who are non-technical, that means I got rid of Windows)
To add insult to injury, it didn't do jack to fix my mouse problem in Red Hat.
I decided to hold off on messing with Red Hat for the time being and ran the restore disk to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows.
So now I get to spend the rest of my day getting it back the way it was.
The good news is that I didn't have anything vital to lose on Munin, which is why I use it for doing things like installing Red Hat, since if I have to wipe the drive it's not really a hardship.
Still, it will take a while to get back all of my customization, so I suppose I should get back to it.

No comments: